Project abbreviation: NLTP
Project name: National Language Technology Platform
Project coordinator: Artūrs Vasiļevskis, Tilde, Riga, Latvia
- Tilde, Riga, Latvia
- Culture Information Systems Centre, Riga, Latvia
- University of Zagreb, Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, Zagreb, Croatia
- Central State Office for the Development of Digital Society, Zagreb, Croatia
- University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
- Reykjavik University, School of Technology, Reykjavik, Iceland
- University of Malta, Valletta, Malta
- Malta Information Technology Agency, Blata l-Bajda, Malta
- Office of the State Advocate, Valletta, Malta
Funding: CEF Telecomm Programme
Project duration: 2021-04-01 – 2023-03-31
Main key words: Machine translation, CAT tools, Parallel corpora
Background of the research topic: Following the success of the Latvian portal hugo.lv and EU Presidency Translator projects, the similar concept is being extended and applied to other low/moderate-resourced languages: Croatian, Estonian, Icelandic and Maltese.
Goal of the project: The aim of the project is to create a generic, customizable LT platform that any European country can easily adapt and deploy in their eGovernment infrastructure. This proof-of-concept is tested for five EU/EEA official languages that will feature online access of different LT services to public administration.
Project abstract: The project is a collaborative project of several European countries to develop National Language Technology Platform (NLTP). The project aims at combining the most advanced Language Technology tools and solutions in a new, state-of-the-art, Artificial Intelligence driven, National Language Technology Platform for five EU/EEA official and low/moderate-resourced languages. The platform will provide public administrations and the general public with a secure access to high quality MT (using fast and efficient newest generation Neural MT) and integration with Computer Aided Translation (CAT) tools, e-mail plug-ins, web-pages translation widgets etc., for translation of texts and documents.
- Marko Tadić, Daša Farkaš, Matea Filko, Artūrs Vasiļevskis, Andrejs Vasiļjevs, Jānis Ziediņš, Željka Motika, Mark Fishel, Hrafn Loftsson, Jón Guðnason, Claudia Borg, Keith Cortis, Judie Attard, Donatienne Spiteri (2022) National Language Technology Platform for Public Administration, Proceedings of the LREC2022 workshop Towards Digital Language Equality, (in press).
- Artūrs Vasiļevskis, Jānis Ziediņš, Marko Tadić, Željka Motika, Mark Fishel, Hrafn Loftsson, Jón Guðnason, Claudia Borg, Keith Cortis, Judie Attard, Donatienne Spiteri (2022) National Language Technology Platform (NLTP): Overall View, Proceedings of the 24rd EAMT2022 conference, pp. 343-344.
- Artūrs Vasiļevskis, Jānis Ziediņš, Marko Tadić, Željka Motika, Mark Fishel, Hrafn Loftsson, Jón Guðnason, Claudia Borg, Keith Cortis, Judie Attard, Donatienne Spiteri (2022) NLTP: National Language Technology Platform, Proceedings of the 1st NeTTT2022 conference, (in press).