Project abbreviation: FedTERM
Project name: Federated eTranslation TermBank Network
Project coordinator: TILDE
- Tilde, Latvia (coordinator)
- Culture Information Systems Centre, Latvia
- University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Árni Magnússon Institute for Icelandic Studies, Iceland
- Institute of the Estonian Language, Estonia
- Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia
- International Network for Terminology, Austria
- Institute for Language and Folklore, Sweden
- Swedish Institute for Standards, Sweden
- Institute of the Lithuanian language, Lithuania
Funding: Connecting Europe Facility
Project duration: June 1, 2020 – May 31, 2022. 24 months
Main key words: AI for All, AI for Good, AI for all of Europe, Human-centred focus
Goal of the project: To establish Pan-European terminology data infrastructure for creation, management and sharing of multilingual terminology resources. For this purpose, we have created an open terminology management and sharing toolkit that enables federation of terminology databases and aggregation of terms from national and institutional termbases.
Project abstract: In this project we facilitate standards-based sharing and management of terminology resources by providing an open terminology management solution – the EuroTermBank Toolkit. It allows organisations to manage and search their terms, create term collections, and share them within and outside the organisation by participating in the network of federated databases. The data curated in the federated databases are automatically shared with EuroTermBank, the largest multilingual terminology resource in Europe, allowing translators and language service providers as well as researchers and students to access terminology resources in their most current version. The data from the network is provided to the ELRC-SHARE thus supporting eTranslation with comprehensive multilingual terminology resources.
- Lagzdiņš, Andis and Siliņš, Uldis and Bergmanis, Toms and Pinnis, Mārcis and Vasiļevskis, Artūrs and Vasiļjevs, Andrejs, "Open Terminology Management and Sharing Toolkit for Federation of Terminology Databases." Proceedings of the 13th Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (2022).
- Skeppstedt, M., Dahlberg, S., Eriksson, G., Domeij, R. 2020. Texts and Terms from Swedish Public Agencies in the SB Sam Language Bank. Proceedings of SLTC. https://gubox.app.box.com/v/SLTC-2020-paper-5
- Maria Skeppstedt, Marie Mattson, Magnus Ahltorp, and Rickard Domeij Converting from the Nordic Terminological Record Format to the TBX Format. In Terminology in the 21st century: many faces, many places (Term21), LREC 2022
- Mitkevičiene, Asta, Federacinis terminologijos tinklas, In Terminologija, No. 28, 2021